Surviving the Aftermath on the Epic Game Store and Xbox Game Preview
Today Paradox Interactive announced Surviving the Aftermath has now available in Early Access on the Epic Game Store and Xbox Game Preview. The post-apocalyptic colony builder developed by Iceflake Studios is being developed with regular updates incorporating community feedback. You can get in on the Early Access period at the early bird discount of $19.99 / £15.49 / €19.99. Surviving the Aftermath will leave Early Access and launch on Epic Games Store, Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation® 4 in late 2020.
Surviving the Aftermath will see the player in the shadow of a world-ending event. The player will build and manage a colony of survivors. It will require you to master a complex system of colony management and optimize production to ensure they waste nothing following the Apocalypse. Players will adapt to natural disasters, manage colonists and construct buildings to restore their civilization.
Surviving the Aftermath
Surviving the Aftermath is more than a colony builder and enables players to go beyond the shelter to explore a dangerous world filled with unique biomes, hazards, bandits, and more. Recruit and send out teams of Specialists to gather resources and intelligence about the world around the colony. Players can see what their teams have discovered by utilizing a vast Overworld map. The map adds layers of strategic gameplay not typically included in a colony builder.
“Throughout Surviving Mars’ development we learned the importance of listening to our community. Their feedback helped elevate that game to new heights,” said Nikhat Ali. Lead Producer on Surviving the Aftermath at Paradox Interactive.
“With Surviving the Aftermath we want to get our players involved as early as possible so we can make sure we’re making the game they want to play. We have an ambitious content schedule ahead of us. That includes monthly updates where we will incorporate feedback from our players. And we’re confident the team at Iceflake is the right team for the job.” “Surviving the Aftermath is the game we’ve always wanted to make,” Lasse Liljedahl. CEO and Lead Designer at Iceflake Studios said. “When we pitched our plan to Paradox, they recognized our passion and commitment to making this game the best survival colony builder it can be. We’re beyond thrilled to finally share our dream project with the world and to have the support of one of the industry’s leading publishers.”
- No Place Like Home: Build and manage a colony of survivors after a world-ending event. Construct more than 50 unique buildings to handle everything from resource collection and farming to exploration and security. Don’t forget to construct the Gate to venture into the savage world beyond your colony.
- Surviving Earth: Explore a vast procedurally generated world featuring six different biomes filled with exploitable resources, bandits, and more. Each environment has different conditions that will affect your colony’s survival. Stay vigilant: Natural disasters will put your survivors to the test.
- Survival is my Specialty: Recruit over 46 unique Specialists. Each with their own skills and motivations, to manage your colony’s resources and production. Send them beyond the Gate on scientific missions, scavenger runs, and to fight bandits.
- Expect the Unexpected: Life in the aftermath requires you to make moral choices. You may not be able to control everything in your colony, but how you respond to situations and emergent events will shape the character of your new civilization.
- Mods: Surviving the Aftermath players can bring their own visions to life using Paradox Mods.
Future updates will include diplomacy and combat options between colonies, expanded tech trees, endgame content and much more. To learn more about Surviving the Aftermath, and to check out the content roadmap, head over to http://survivingtheaftermath.com